About Olga Kaniskina
Olga Nikolayevna Kaniskina is a Russian coach and former race walker.
- She won the silver medal in the 20 km walk at the 2006 European Championships, gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and silver medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
- She is a three-time World Champion, having won at both the 2007 World Championships, 2009 World Championships and 2011 World Championships.
- She also won the 20 km walk at the 2008 IAAF World Race Walking Cup, setting a Championship record of 1:25:42
- At the 2006 IAAF World Race Walking Cup she finished in fifth place and won her first major medal, a silver, at the 2006 European Athletics Championships later that year. She won her first global title the following year, taking the gold in the women's 20 km walk at the 2007 World Championships in Athletics
- The 2008 season saw Olga Kaniskina break her first world record in the 20 km Walk at the Russian Championships.
- She went on to set the 20 km championship record at the 2008 IAAF World Race Walking Cup held in Russia, finishing with a time of 1:25:42.
- At the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, she broke the standing Olympic record for the fastest 20 km walk. She walked 20 km in 1:26:31 to beat the silver medalist by 36 seconds.She continued her run of success by winning her second World gold medal at the 2009 World Championships in Athletics, becoming the first woman to win the title consecutively.
- She improved one position from her 2006 performance to top the podium at the 2010 European Athletics Championships, claiming the women's 20 km title. Her 2011 started with a win on the 2011 World Challenge circuit in Rio Maior in April
- At the 20km walk during the 2012 Summer Olympics she was leading the walk from the start, but on the last kilometer was overtaken by Elena Lashmanova and won silver.
Olga Kaniskina Achievements
2007 World Championships
2008 World Race Walking Cup
2008 Olympic Games
2010 European Championships
Gold Medal Records:
- Athletics at the 2008 Summer Olympics – Women's 20 kilometres walk
- 2007 World Championships in Athletics – Women's 20 kilometres walk
- 2010 European Athletics Championships – Women's 20 kilometres walk