Students select Australia as their choice of further education for many reasons including:
- The excellent education system with a wide variety of courses and degrees
- The quality of scientific research
- The variety of specialist institutions
- The innovative teaching and learning styles
- The myriad of services and support for international students
- The multicultural community
- The flexibility to work part time up to 20 hours per week and full time during holidays
- The global acceptance of Australian qualifications
LIFE AT AUSTRALIA
Australia is a warm welcoming country. Over the years, states such as Melbourne and Sydney have continuously been voted one of the world’s most live able cities, and other states in the country are on the top of the list of tourist destinations.It is the fourth happiest country in the world. Its sure that the students will enjoy their time over here with the 30 best cities in the world.It is a young and a friendly country in which students can live, learn and grow.
Climate in Australia is generally moderate. Moreover being Australia in the southern hemisphere seasons are completely reversed,with Christmas in mid summer. Summer is from December to March(average temperature 29 ° C), while winter is from June to August (average 13 ° C).
English is the primary language used in Australia. Yet their colorful vocabulary,accent, phonetics system and slang ('Strine') can take a lot of getting used to. In 1788, there were about 250 separate Ab original languages spoken in Australia, plus dialects. Today, only two thirds of these languages survive and only 20 of them (eight per cent of the original 250) are still strong enough to have chance of surviving well into the next century. In addition to these there are also the languages of immigrants from Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
More or less Australia follows a western culture and is influenced by the unique geography of the Australian continent. Australia has a varied and a dynamic culture. Australia has a rich heritage from its indigenous people.
The traditional cuisine of Australia was rooted from the European gastronomy, which was bought from the early settlers. It usually consists of pies,roasted cuts of meat, grilled steak and chops and few other cuisines of meat accompanied with vegetables. With the emphasis of multiculturalism many other cuisines has influenced the Australian food culture. They include Mediterranean and Asian foods formerly brought up by the settlers. In the recent times, Australians consume a lot of take-away food.
The common breakfast in Australia include cereals, toast, fruits and fried bacon, egg,mushroom, baked beans and sausages. Tea, coffee, flavored milk or juice is the drink with breakfast. The common choices in dinner are roast meat and vegetables, pasta, pizza, casseroles, barbecue meat,vegetables and salads, soup, stir-fries. Try some good Australian food so as to enjoy a pleasure of dining in Australian style.
The types of clothing that people wear reflect the diversity in Australian society and the variations in climate. There are no laws or rules on clothing, but Australians are expected to wear certain clothing in work situations— most workplaces have dress standards.
Official currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
Intakes to Study in Australia:
Australia generally has two intakes i.e. February and July, with few Universities offering multiple intake in September & November. It is suggested that you should start making applications ideally 7-8 months prior to the intake. University generally takes around 4-6 weeks to process the applications.
Documents needed for making an application are resume, statement of purpose,mark sheets and passing certificates from 10th onwards, two reference letters from colleges / employers and passport copy or birth certificate & IELTS score sheet.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility:
- A good academic record in High School Certificate or 12 years of schooling
- Some courses such as Computing and Engineering will require Mathematics and /or Science as pre-requisites
- 6.0 IELTS
Study Postgraduate in Australia:
- A good academic record in Bachelors Degree from a recognized university is necessary
- Any work experience in the field will be helpful
- For MBA programs at some Universities students need to have work -experience along with their Bachelors Degree
- 6.5 IELTS
COST OF STUDY
Australia is undoubtedly, the perfect place to enjoy a quality education and outstanding quality of life. The best part about studying in this country is that you get excellent value for your money, with living expenses and tuition costs comparatively low as compared to the United Kingdom and Unites States.
The costs of studying in Australia depend on the institution and the level of study you choose. You can find the cost for various courses below:
1.School -$7,800 to $30,000
2.English language studies -Around $300 per week depending on course length
3.Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) - $4,000 to $22,000
4.Undergraduate Bachelor Degree -$15,000 to $33,000*
5.Postgraduate Masters Degree -$20,000 to $37,000*
6.Doctoral Degree -$14,000 to $37,000*
*Note:This doesn’t include any medical courses.
Some items of expenditure illustrate the cost of living (Subjected to Change)
1. Weekly supermarket shop: £37.
2. Bus ticket (although in some areas of Australia students travel for free): £1.55.
3. Cinema ticket (there are super save tickets available at specific times):£9.30.
4. Small salad from deli: £2.50.
5. 1.5 litre bottle of coke: £1.77.
- Full-time international students may work up to 20 hours a week and full-time during the university holidays.
- Many international students find work in sectors such as hospitality and retail. These jobs often have flexible working hours to avoid clashing with classes.
- A Tax File Number (TFN) is required.
- Australia's minimum wage is $15.51 (£9.64) per hour.
Australian Student visa application can be processed in 2 ways, Electronically(E-visa) & Manually (Paper base visa). If an Applicant wants to apply online, then e-visa is lodged directly from the Australian High Commission's online gateway which is assessed in Adelaide, Australia;If an Applicant wants to apply paper base visa then an applicant can submit their visa application at any of the VFS Application Centers available in 10 cities .
1. It is advised to file for Visa 3 months in Advance to avoid any delay.
2. Personal Details forms & Information
- All Academics – Originals
- All Financial Documents – Originals
- All Academic Documents - Notary Attested
- All financial documents - Notary Attested
3. The Visa application fees currently are AUD $ 540. (Subject to change)
4. The processing time required by the high is 8-12 weeks
5. English Ability Requirements IELTS is mandatory to obtain Australian Student Visa. The above visa information is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change. Please check the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship.