D. Y. Patil University was established in the year 2005, in the name of the great educationist Padmashree DR. D. Y. PATIL. It has its sponsoring institution ‘D.Y. Patil Education Society.” The society was established in 1986 and is registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860 bearing no. Maharashtra/3029/86 on 23rd November 1986. The society started its Medical College in 1989, which was initially affiliated to the Shivaji University, Kolhapur and later on affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. After almost two decades of status as an affiliated college, based on excellent and constant academic performance, a very strong and aesthetic infrastructural system, efficient and transparent governance and distinct potential for future progress, the Department of Secondary and Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development, on the recommendation of University Grants Commission under Section 3 of UGC Act of 1956, vide its Notification No. F.9-26/2004-U-3 dated 1st September 2005, has accorded the Deemed to be University status to D. Y. Patil Education Society consisting of D.Y. Patil Medical College, Kolhapur.
To strive caselessly in pursuit of healthy society, through education, training, research, collaboration and extension activities with the global standards.
To provide training to the students through education and research in Health Sciences so that they can emerge as competent health care profession with compassion of humanities.
Vice ChancellorProf. (Dr.) S. H. Pawar
AddressD.Y.Patil Vidyanagar , Kasba Bawda, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India - 416006