Sri Vasavi Kanyaka Parameswari and Dr.Kalidindi Suryanarayana Raju Arts and Science College has been established in 1974 by the S.V.K.P Artsand Science College Association with the objective of bringing Technical, Scientific and Arts and Commerce Education to the doorsteps of the rural population of the area. Dr.K.S.Raju’s name has been included in the name of the college as a mark of respect to the dedicated service rendered by him in the development of the college. In this culturally and agriculturally rich town, the college, aptly named after the presiding deity, Sri Vasavi Kanyaka Parameswari was the hope and aspiration of the people. Thanks to the dedicated efforts of Sri Vanka Satyanarayana, local M.L.A., and Sri Kotla Venkatramayya, the founder President of the college who has made a name for himself as one ready to champion public causes as and when they arise.
The college is situated in 14 acres of land on the right bank of the Nidadavole-Narasapur canal in Penugonda, West Godavari District. Penugonda is 20 Kms from Tanuku. Rajahmundry, a historical and cultural town is about 55 kms from Penugonda. The growth of the college is reflected in the increase in the student enrollment figures of about 300 in 1974 to 1957 at present. The college has spacious RCC buildings to accommodate the class rooms and laboratories. The Management, Principal, teaching, non-teaching staff and the students of the college work towards the mission of “VAKBHUSHANAM BHUSHANAM” as epitomized in the logo of the college.