The institute has been setup to mitigate the shortage of trained manpower with focus on skill development of power sector personnel in the areas of Generation, Transmission and Distribution. The institute offers National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT) recognized courses for 8th /10th /12th passed students as well as customized Training Programs for working personnel of Power Sector. The institute has been built up by NTPC and is being managed by NPTI. Shri Sushilkumar Shinde Hon’ble Union Minister of Power laid the Foundation stone of Solapur Power Industrial Training Institute (SPITI) in the complex of Solapur Super Thermal Power Station, NTPC Limited, Solapur (Maharashtra). SPITI provides training to develop skilled manpower in various functional areas of power sector and allied industries. SPITI is envisaged to provide training for appreciation of complexity of tasks related to power generation, transmission & distribution including the areas of erection, commissioning, operation and maintenance as also case studies and to provide remedies of various failures in power industry.
1. High end education campus
2. Architectural and functional excellence
3. State of the art infrastructure facilities for all round
4. Healthy social interactions for national integration
5. Eliminate the gap between trained students & requirements
of the industry
1. Enhancing individual’s employability and ability to adapt to
changing technologies and market demands.
2. Improving productivity and strengthening safety.
3. Attracting investment in skill and knowledge development