In the year 1871, foundation of B.J. Medical School was done from the generous donation of Byramjee Jeejeebhoy, another Philanthropist. In 1946, B.J. Medical School was upgraded to B.J. Medical College. Construction of present B. J. Medical College building was started in 1948 and was completed in 1950. Super-specialty courses were started and specialized treatment was made available. A building for super-specialty department is built from the donation of Infosys Foundation. UG, PG and Super-specialty courses are conducted in the college. 200admissions and 145 PG admissions are made every year.