Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University was the culmination of efforts during the period, 1955 to 2006 to strengthen education and services in the fields of Veterinary Science, Dairy Technology and Fishery Science in the State of Andhra Pradesh. The establishment of three Veterinary Colleges, the first at Rajendranagar during 1946, the second at Bapatla during 1955 and the third at Gannavaram during 1998, paved the way for strengthening Veterinary education in the State.
The University was created by bifurcating the faculty of Veterinary Science comprising of Veterinary Science, Fishery Science and Dairy Science from Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad. The Hon'ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Dr.Y.S.Rajasekhara Reddy inaugurated Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University in the premises of College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati on 15 Jul 2005 coinciding with the valedictory function of its Golden Jubilee celebrations.
Vice ChancellorDr. V. Prabhakar Rao, M.V.Sc., Ph.D
AddressPrakasam Nagar Colony, Sri Padmavathi Mahila Viswa Vidyalaya, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India
Phone Numbers(0877) 2248006
Fax Numbers(0877) 2249222