An independent University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences has been established w.e.f. 1.12.2010 in pursuance of the Haryana Act No. 7 of 2010 notified on 7th April, 2010. The new University has been named in the cherished memory of Lala Lajpat Rai, a great patriot, the foremost freedom fighter, an ardent social reformer and a versatile writer. Lala Lajpat Rai, popularly known as “Punjab Kesri”, did his early legal practice at Hisar and also served as a Member and Secretary of the Hisar Municipality. The College of Veterinary Sciences and the College of Animal Sciences, earlier the constituent colleges of CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar has now been incorporated in this newly established University. The college of Animal Sciences is merged into College of Veterinary Sciences. The College has a glorious history of more than 60 years, since it was shifted to Hisar from Lahore (Pakistan). It is backed by an enviable tract record of academic excellence, cutting edge research and rendering quality services to the livestock of the state. An extensive network of alumni occupying important positions throughout the world is a source of inspiration, enthusiasm and commitment to hard work for the faculty and students.
The BPD Unit has three subunits including a Veterinary Products Unit (VPU), established at the College of Veterinary Sciences, Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences. The BPD (VPU) is located at the Ground Floor, New Block, College of Veterinary Sciences and the Entrepreneur’s Lab has been named as “Technology Business Incubator”
The BPD Unit’s mission is to identify, encourage, motivate & support the inventors of technologies to turn their inventions/ research outcomes towards a viable commercial venture.
Vice ChancellorDr. Maj Gen Shri Kant
AddressHisar,Haryana - 125004
Phone Numbers91 1662 256100
Fax Numbers91 1662 272002