Today’s Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya is the ‘dream come true’ of Bhagat Phool Singh Ji, who established a Gurukul for girls at Khanpur Kalan in 1936. Even after the demise of Bhagat Phool Singh, his equally dynamic daughter Subhashini Ji not only took control of Gurukul but worked vigorously in expanding the Gurukul in terms of its various constituent institutions like BPS Memorial Girls’ College (1967), BPS College of Education (1968), MSM Ayurvedic College (1973), BPS Mahila Polytechnic (1984), TIG Bhainswal Kalan(1999) and PSD Girls’ Law College (2003). The State Government under the leadership of Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda, the Honorable Chief Minister of Haryana took cognizance and upgraded the erstwhile Gurukul to the status of a University exclusively for women in August 2006 and christened it as Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya, which happens to be the first State Women University of North India. Since then BPSMV has undergone a complete transformation; a 75 years old Gurukul started with only three girls has turned into a modern university with approximately 7000 girls on its rolls studying in various programmes.
To empower women through education’, is determined to develop its women as true citizens embodying impeccable integrity – both professional & personal and unparalleled social commitment.
The Holy Land where the University stands was first transformed into a centre of learning in 1936 by Bhagat Phool Singh Ji when he started a Gurukul for girls. The Gurukul was opened after he opened a boys Gurukul in 1919 in Bhainswal Kalan which today is the South Campus of the University.
Vice ChancellorAsha Kadyan
AddressB.P.S. Mahila Vishwavidyalaya,Khanpur Kalan, ,Haryana,Pin- 131305,India
Phone Numbers91 01263-283038. 283154
Fax Numbers91 01263-283779