The Hindu College is founded in the year 1856 by the Honourable Sri A.Seshayya Sastriar of Kumbakonam, a resident of Machilipatnam who was then holding the office of Collector’s Huzur Sheristadar. The institution is first designated as “Hindu Anglo Vernacular School” and later has changed to “Hindu High School” in the year 1863. Sri Mungamuri Narasimham Pantulu who was then Treasury Deputy Collector became the President of the Managing Committee. The institution was started improving due to his proficient, energetic and enthusiastic support. He has been justly accorded an equal tribute of honor with the founder of the school.