About Naim Süleymanoglu
Naim Süleymanoglu is a Turkish World and Olympic Champion in weightlifting. he became pound-for-pound the strongest man ever by lifting 3.17 times his body weight in the 1988 Summer Olympics (190 kg in clean and jerk). He won three Olympic, seven world Championships and six European titles and set 46 world records.
- Naim Süleymanoglu won three Olympic gold medals, seven world Championships medals and six European titles
- 10th place in our list of Top 10 Weightlifters of All Time.
- He became the strongest man ever while lifting 3.16 times of his body weight at Summer Olympics clean and jerk event in 1988.
- Naim Süleymanoglu set 46 world records during his active weightlifting career and is the athlete to clean and jerk 10 Kgs more than triple of his bodyweight.
- He received the Olympic Order in 2001 and was inducted in the International Weightlifting Federation Hall of Fame in 2004.