About Ekrem Boyali
Ekrem Boyali is an Olympian Turkish former Taekwondo practitioner and coach.
- He began with Taekwondo following the footsteps of his older brother Osman Boyali in 1983.After four years of hard training at his brother's sports club, he was admitted to the national team.Later, he became captain of the Turkey team.
- At the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain, he competed for Turkey, and became the runner-up after losing to Kim Byong-Cheol from South Korea in the final game.The Taekwondo competitions were held as demonstration sport, and therefore no medals were awarded.
- Boyali served as coach of the Turkey national team after leaving the active sport.Later, he coached the Bulgaria national team.
- 28 registered fights, fighter won 17 out of them. That's a rate of 60.7%
- 11 hitpoints distributed and 13 collected during fights.
- Won 0 golden point(s) and lost 0.
- Participated at 13 tournaments, 13 with international and 0 with national valuation.
Ekrem Boyali Achievements
1st 1988 European Championships - Ankara, Turkey -54 kg (youth)
3rd 1990 European Championships - Aarhus, Denmark -54 kg
2nd 1991 World Cup - Zagreb, Croatia -58 kg
3rd 1991 World Championships - Athens,Greece -58 kg
2nd 1992 European Championships - Valencia, Spain -64 kg
2nd 1992 Pre-Olympian Games - Barcelona, Spain -64 kg
2nd 1994 World Cup - George Town, Cayman Islands, United Kingdom -64 k
2nd 1996 European Championships - Helsinki, Finland -64 kg
2nd 1997 World Championships - Hong Kong, British Hong Kong -64 kg