About Kong Jie
Kong Jie is a Chinese professional Go player.
- In 2004 he was sent into the Teda Cup as China's representative against Lee Chang-ho and Yoda Norimoto.
- Kong Jie is China's 29th professional 9-dan, doing so by being runner's up in the 13th Samsung Cup, and entering the finals of the Asian TV Cup for the first time.
- In 2009, Kong Jie achieved a major international breakthrough by winning the Asian TV Cup—defeating Korea's top three players of Lee Sedol, Lee Chang-ho and Kang Dongyun respectively.
- Kong Jie followed-up by reaching the semi-finals of the 14th Samsung Cup and proceeded to win the title by defeating his two compatriots Gu Li and Qiu Jun.
- In 2010, Kong Jie passed the preliminary rounds of the 14th LG Cup to face former champion Lee Chang-ho in the finals.
Kong Jie Achievements
2006: 52 wins, 26 losses.
2007: 45 wins, 22 losses.
2008: 43 wins, 25 losses.
2009: 47 wins, 20 losses.
2010: 45 wins, 23 losses.
- Chang-ki Cup-2 (2004, 2006)
- RICOH Cup-2 (2003, 2010)
- Qiwang-2 (2004, 2009)
- CCTV Cup-1 (2009)
- Xinren Wang-1 (2003)
- National Go Individual-2 (2001, 2003)
- National Sports Mass Meeting-1 (2000)
- Asian TV Cup-3 (2009–2011)
- China-Korea New Pro Wang-1 (2003)
- LG Cup-1 (2010)
- Samsung Cup-1 (2009)
- Fujitsu Cup-1 (2010)