Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for Spanish club FC Barcelona and the Brazil national team as a forward or winger, and is also the captain of the national team.
- The outstanding Brazilian player, who scored 44 international goals in 65 matches, has entered the symbolic but exclusive circle of players with Two Score Goals for his national team.
- In 2009, Neymar was named the Player of the Tournament and was also the leading scorer in the Brazilian Cup with 11 goals. He was now a key figure in the team as Santos went on to win the Copa Libertadores by beating Uruguay’s Penyarol 2-1.
- As South American champions, Santos played in the 2011 World Club Cup against Barça – who beat them 4-0, though Netmar was named third best player in the Tournament, behind Messi and Iniesta.
- Neymar first represented Brazil at the 2009 Under 17 Championships and following the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, he made his debut for the full international team in a friendly against USA, when - still only 18 – he scored a goal.
- He was named in the Brazilian squad for the 2012 Olympic Games in London and helped take the team to the final, where they were beaten 2-1 by Mexico.
- In the summer of 2013, just before signing for FC Bareclona, Neymar won the Confederations Cup with Brazil, scoring a goal in the final against Spain and being named MVP of the Tournament.
- Neymar Jr. made his official debut for the Club on 18 August 2013 in La Liga against Levante. The match ended with a Barça's victory (7-0).
- In his first season, Neymar played 41 matches and scored 15 goals, nine in La Liga, one in the Cup, four in the Champions League and one in the Spanish Super Cup, the latter his first ever for Barça, the equaliser in a game with Atlético Madrid. On September 18 he made his UCL debut against Ajax, and in the same competition he got his first FCB hat-trick against Celtic. He scored his first Liga goal against Real Sociedad but also missed a month of action that season with a foot injury.
- 2014/2015 was his breakthrough season in Europe. He was Barcelona’s second top scorer behind Messi, with 43 goals in 50 official outings. Neymar was the top scorer in the cup with 11 goals and joint top scorer in the Champions League with 10, the same as Messi and Real Madrid’s Ronaldo. Seven of those goals came in the last five games of the Champions League winning campaign.
- Neymar represented Brazil at the 2009 under-17 World Cup, scoring once against Japan in the opening match.
- He was more prolific at under-20 level, before making a scoring debut for the senior side against the US in August 2010.
- Neymar was selected for the 2011 Copa America but flattered to deceive despite scoring a brace in the 4-2 win over Ecuador before the Selecao were dumped out on penalties by Paraguay in the quarter finals.