About Patrick Bertoletti
Patrick "Deep Dish" Bertoletti is an American competitive eater from Chicago. Bertoletti is known as one of the "young guns" of competitive eating.
Patrick Bertoletti Career Highlights:
- On January 2, 2007, he became the first person to complete the Sasquatch Burger Contest at Bigfoot Lodge Cafe in Memphis, Tennessee. 679 people had tried to finish the burger and fries that starts with 4 lbs of hamburger meat on a homemade bun, Bertoletti finished the meal in 11 minutes and 5 seconds.
- On July 4, 2007, he finished third in the 92nd annual Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island, Brooklyn, New York, having eaten 49 hot dogs and buns in that competition. Only two others have ever eaten more during the contest.
- On September 16, 2007, he defeated Sonya Thomas and Rich LeFevre at the La Costeña "Feel the Heat" Jalapeño Eating Challenge in Chicago, IL. This competition was marred when the event organizers ran out of jalapeños five minutes into the eight-minute competition.
- On October 9, 2007, he upset points leader Joey Chestnut and held off a comeback by second ranked Takeru Kobayashi to win the chicken wing "Chowdown" in Las Vegas shown on Spike TV.
- On November 22, 2007, he won Spike TV Major League Eating "Turkey Bowl". Bertoletti consumed 6.91 pounds of (whole) turkey in 8 minutes, upsetting the previous year's winner Joey Chestnut. The feat earned a "Wow!" from 4th ranked Tim Janus after the competition when the total weight consumed was announced.
- On April 12, 2008, he won the ACME Oyster House 2008 World Oyster Eating Championships by downing 35 dozen raw oysters on the half shell in 8 minutes in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- On July 4, 2008, he finished 4th at the Nathan's Famous contest, consuming 38 HDB (hot dogs & buns) in the 10-minute contest.
- On September 1, 2008, he finished 3rd at the Skyline Chili Spaghetti Eating Contest, consuming 11 LB in the 10-minute contest.
- On September 28, 2008 he finished in 2nd at the Krystal Square Off, eating 85 Krystal burgers, one more than Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi
- On March 16, 2009 he won the Stroehmann Sandwich Slamm, eating 163/4 8-ounce corned-beef sandwiches in the 10-minute contest.
- On July 4, 2009, Patrick placed 3rd in the Nathan's Famous contest, eating 54 HDBs.
- On September 2, 2009, Patrick won the Nugget Rib Eating Championship at the Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off, eating 5.8 pounds of pork rib meat in 12 minutes.
- In May, 2010, Patrick became the world poutine eating champion after scarfing down 13 pounds of gravy-and-cheese-soaked fries in a mere 10 minutes. He edged out 11 fellow stars of Major League Eating and three Canadian amateur eaters by consuming box after box of poutine at Toronto's BMO Field in the first World Poutine Eating Championship.
- On July 4, 2010, Patrick took third place in the Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating contest by eating 37 hot dogs in ten minutes.
- On July 22, 2010, Patrick beat Joey Chestnut to win the Mars Bar eating competition. He ate 38 bars in just over 4 minutes.
- On May 1, 2011, Patrick took first place in the La Costena "Feel the Heat" Jalapeño Eating Championship and set a world record by eating 275 pickled jalapeños in eight minutes.
- On June 5, 2011, Patrick took first place in the Acme Oyster House Oyster Eating Contest and set a Louisiana state record by eating 39 dozen (468 individual) oysters in eight minutes.
- On July 4, 2011, Patrick took second place in the Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating contest by eating 55 hot dogs in ten minutes.
- On January 23, 2012, Patrick took first place in The Isle Boonville World Boneless Buffalo Wing Eating Championship by eating 6.75 pounds of buffalo wings in 10 minutes.
- On September 9, 2012, Patrick took first place in Wild Eggs National Pancake Eating Championship by eating 50 king pancakes in 10 minutes.
- On February 3, 2013, Patrick took first place in Fat Tuesday King Cake Eating World Championship by eating 12 king cakes in 8 minutes.
- On July 3, 2013, Patrick took first place in Z-Burger Independence Burger eating Championship by eating 28 burgers in 10 minutes.
- On October 6, 2013, Patrick took second place in Canada's biggest pizza eating contest by eating 39 slices of pizza in 12 minutes.
- He set a record for most milk consumed in an hour by drinking 2.5 gallons.
- Won the 2015 Wing Bowl by eating 444 wings in 26 minutes.