Established On : 1944
The initial conception of IDRA can very well be traced back in the six articles published in 'Kesari' by Dr. G. S. Pendse, an eminent Ophthalmologist of Pune. This was then discussed with many persons, who could think similarly. These discussions brought together like minded people, and a small study circle was established, this was in 1942-43. This small group of scientist inclined towards the development of indigenous drugs, came together and started a small study circle for scientific discussions on indigenous drugs. This study circle was developed to form an Association, the memorandum of which was registered in April 1945 under the Societies Registration Act (Regn no 1379). It was registered as a Public Trust No F150 in 1953, under the Bombay Public Trusts Act.
With this fairly good beginning of the work purely on voluntary basis it was realized that a small independent institution conducting microbiological, pharmacological and pharmacognostic work would be desirable. The association ultimately took a decision that a small nucleus laboratory should be established as early as possible. Then the present laboratory unit came into existence in 1949 fairly equipped for physiology, pharmacology, biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacognosy and microbiology.
Contact PersonDr. R. H. Bhadkamkar
Address561-b, Shivajinagar, Behind Congress Bhavan Lane, Pune, Maharashtra - 411005, India.
Contact Phone Numbers91- 25534018