Today's student community is increasingly addicted to drink. The national institute of alcohol abuse and alcoholism statistics states that,
1,825 college students between the ages of 18 and 24 die each year from alcohol-related unintentional injuries. More than 690,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 are assaulted by another student who has been drinking. More than 97,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 are victims of alcohol-related sexual assault. More than 150,000 students develop an alcohol-related health problem and between 1.2 and 1.5 percent of students indicate that they tried to commit suicide within the past year due to drinking or drug use.
Most of the students start their drinking habit encouraged by their friends in a social party or get together or due to the tempt to know what is in it? Let us unite to save our future generation from alcohol. Some of the instructions are given below to avoid drinking habit reaching your child.
We, as parents are first role model to every child. Most of the behavior of parents is carried on to child as they watch you very keenly in their early years. Please don’t drink before your children, or its time to quit it for the welfare of your angels.
1. Educate your children from young age by providing knowledge about the adverse effects of drinking alcohol.
2. Show them animated films and stories that explains the effect of alcohol
3. As they reach adolescence age, be their best friend. Let them share their feelings easily.
4. Don't give them money above what they need reasonably.
5. Give them courage to say no to alcohol when forced by someone. Ask them to inform once at once it happens.
6. Help them in every situation to fight against all social evils.
7. Live your life as an example to your child.
You are the building blocks of this world's future. Mere temptation or false lead to the fantasy of alcoholism in the name of social drinking and parties may even cost your life. Life is to live well and not to spoil. Here are some of tips to avoid drinking.
1. Be confident and clear at your decision to avoid alcohol.
2. When someone forces you to drink in a social occasion, Just say no in a simple manner. Don't explain anything for your deeds.
3. Avoid parties which involve alcohol and drugs. It is the source to all miseries.
4. If you are in a seesaw or tempted to drink. Immediately get help from your loved ones or your well wisher to come out of that mood.
5. Redirect your mind and heart towards other good hobbies.
Say No to Alcohol....
Article posted by:
Education Volunteers/ professionals/ Others