Students may have just started doing revision and mock tests along with their preparation for board exams. Each test must be followed by an in-depth test analysis to know your weak areas. The following plan may help you in preparation for the JEE Main 2017.
- Students must give equal weightage to all the subjects, prepare a time table and follow it properly. Remember it is the quality of time spent and not the quantity alone. Hence, take short breaks of 5 to 10 minutes after every one or two hours of regular study.
- Relax completely when you take a break. Overnight study is not advised and one should sleep for at least five to six hours at night.
- Refer fewer books for theory, at present many preparation books are available in the market for JEE Main and cause a lot of confusion to students about which books should be chosen for preparation. It is advised to avoid the study material which is having repeated questions based on the same concept.
- Only solving NCERT books may not be sufficient to crack conceptual problems asked in the entrance exam but surely NCERT physics and chemistry books will give you the required basic concepts.
- Focus on solving the problems on your own, do not look for the solutions without attempting a question. Start with conventional methods of solving, while gradually improving. In short, build your own shortcuts and ways for problem solving
Practice of JEE level questions is necessary as it improves your reasoning and analytical ability.
- Apart from studying books, students should also concentrate on the previous years question papers of JEE Main. It will help you to manage your time in the examination. By solving these papers, students will get an idea of exam pattern, question weightage.
- JEE (Main) is not difficult, but tricky. Many students fail to score in actual JEE due to lack of planning on how to write the exam. Once the revision of all topics is done, students should schedule at least one mock exam per week. First 15 minutes of the exam need to be used for reading the instructions, question paper.
- For solving of questions from each subject restricted for 45 minutes, since subject wise cut-off is not there in JEE main, spend last 30 minutes for the subject which is easy in that particular paper. Speed and accuracy are important aspects, this will come with extensive practice of mock papers.
- The most important thing is clarity of concepts and regular practice in problem solving. Both speed and strike rate matter. You need to be quick and accurate to achieve high scores. High speed with less accuracy can actually ruin your results.
- Try the shortest approach to MCQ/elimination method. Do not get tensed by comparing your performance with others, you need to compare your present performance with past performance.
- While preparing for your studies never ignore your health. At the time of preparation, do yoga and meditation, it will help you in developing inner peace, poise, confidence and power of concentration.
- These matter a lot and will help you on the day of the examination. Don't over stress yourself. Five to six hours of sleep every night is a must, especially three-four days before for physical and mental fitness. Short naps may help you to regain freshness, but avoid over-sleeping during the day.
Article posted by:
Education Volunteers/ professionals/ Others